As a Governor, you play in important role by serving as an ambassador for Opportunity. As you plan your personal involvement, here are a few ideas for you to consider.
Fast ways to turn your passion into action now!
- Join us on Facebook at facebook.com
- Help 10 friends to fund a loan by sending them to opportunity.org/give/clients
- Set up your own fundraiser at opportunity.org/give/fundraisers
- Send links of videos to a friend
Be informed and inspired!
- Plan to attend the next national Opportunity conference
- Join a Global Update conference call to hear from our leadership
- Travel with a purpose – go on an Insight Trip
Tell others about microfinance and Opportunity International
- Invite a young person to join Young Ambassadors for Opportunity
- Make a presentation to a group of children using the One Hen book
- Introduce Opportunity to your church or civic group
- Plan a social gathering, start a book club, or organize a bible study
Support your Regional Director
- Meet with your Regional Director quarterly by phone or in person
- Plan, host or attend gatherings in your region – do any or all!
- Invite a friend to meet your Regional Director over coffee
- Work with your Regional Director to welcome new Governors in your area
Use your special skills and interests
- Volunteer to write thank you notes to new donors
- Contact the media and get a story in your local paper
- Join an Insight Trip to collect client stories and photos
- Write a blog about your experience as a Governor or an Insight Trip participant
- Offer your administrative skills (i.e. help your Regional Director with local events, proof and edit documents, etc.)
Join a task force or special interest team
- Governors conference planning
- Women’s Opportunity Network
- Young Ambassadors for Opportunity
- Country champion team
For more information or to join the Board of Governors,
contact Lauren Hawley at 800-793-9455 x4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org